Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to- wrinkled, gathered lace

Posted by qmarker (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 19, 12 at 10:59

Hi, I could use some advice before I ruin my craft project. I ordered yards of gathered lace edged in tiny pearls at the bottom to hot glue to mini flower pots as a dress. It arrived so wrinkled the glued on 'dress' would like like it was slept in.

I don't know what would be the best way to attempt to get the wrinkles out or at least lessened. It is similar to a sheer curtain and the pearl edging I'm sure would melt with heat. It is four yards long so hanging it would not be simple. It is only 2 1/2 inches wide so a cool iron or heated dryer is out too. On the other hand, I could measure & cut the individual pieces I will need first.
Anyone have a suggestion, I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks, Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to- wrinkled, gathered lace

Donna, I think I would dampen it with a spray bottle, a little at a time, and smooth it with your hands. It will take a while to do, and you might want to do it in increments, letting it dry in between pieces. Can you lay sections on a wire rack and weight each section while it dries, if you have room?

Tami

o

You could try to wet it and lay flat to dry. Or you could try steaming it, like they do with blouses and such in stores if you have a steamer....don't touch the iron to it, but let the steam do the work.

Was there any fibre content or washing instructions with the lace? That may help.

o

I've never tried them, but Downy and a few others make a spray wrinkle releaser where you spray and then smooth with your hands.....

o

Could you put the lace in slightly warm water that had a drop of Downy in it, then take out and put on a towel lying
flat , then dry it with a hair blow dryer?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here