Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another report

Posted by grandma_bonnie (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 07 at 10:47

Local parade with craft show. Only 30 venders - including scrapbookers, Pampered Chef, Cookie Lee etc. I did fine! Sold over $300 after expenses - I'll take that as I have two more shows next week-end! No new crafts to report at all - but I sold Potato Bags baggy bags (to hold plastic bags) as well as 3 Grocery Cart Covers (I'll have to make more this week as my stash is looking a little skimpy)along with snowment bag holders/pJ holders. Filled in with aprons - I made Mom and Me aprons this yeat out of Christmas fabric on both sides. I raised my price to $10 for the child's apron that can be colored with markers - I may raise them again... I have to make more of those too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another report

Sounds great Congratulations
Have you thought of kid's sticker vests? A simple vest made out of clear vinyl that they can stick stickers on? I don't think I have the pattern any more. With a sheet of stickers it might be a good seller for the little ones.

o

...that might be fun!!! I can try that after the holidays next Spring at the Farmer's Markets...

o

Congratulations on a good show!
The crafters you do shows with are considered to be the BACKBONE of this business! The weekend crafter that is still making things to sell at the smaller shows. And they are having FUN doing it! Fantastic!
My hat's off to you.

o

Congratulations on your show!! And, thanks for updating us as to how shows are going this year -- I won't have my first one until November 10th.

o

You did GREAT !!!! I hope the rest of your shows are just as good

:)

o

I have so much fun at the shows, if I make expenses, I consider it a good day... I just have to try to remember to sit down occasionally. I am crippled for the next two days... My next show is a dog show , but on Sunday is the first real craft show. That'll be the real test...

o

That is great. I wished I could have a sell that good. I am working really hard to get things made but it seems like a loosing battle. Can you explain how you make you potato bags? I am wondering what you use on the inside. Can you use warm and natural with regular cotton material on the outside?

Thanks
Rachel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here