Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Large Brush in Cap Bottles

Posted by barbcollins (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 10:05

Anybody know where I can find some of these?

I am looking for something like the school glue bottles (but empty) and would stand up to holding rustoleum type paint.

I have tried searching online but everything I find is small like nail polish or touch up paint. I need something bigger than that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Large Brush in Cap Bottles

I just googled brush in capped bottles and there were some there, but not the big paint brushed you may be looking for. Maybe you can take a jar, punch a hole in the top, stick a med. paint brush in it then glue the brush to the top of the jar--or something like that.Why do you want the brush ih a cap? To keep the paint off your hands? If so, you can do the same thing with a plastic bag over your hands.

o

He is a plumber. No he is not worried about getting it on his hands.

He needs to paint some gas lines sometimes on the job. Obviously he does not want to make a mess in a customer's house, and it's always a small amount. And he is used to the brush in the cap because many plumbing glues come that way.

I had an idea today, about maybe a baby bottle and somehow sticking the brush through the nipple.

Worst comes to worst, I might by a bottle of school glue and dump it out and clean the bottle & brush.

o

I have seen it suggested somewhere to use empty shoe polish bottles for left over paint. to have it on hand if you need to retouch. might work for your husband to.

o

Woo Hoo!

Found some. I think I am going order the daubers too. He might like that better than a brush.

http://www.freundcontainer.com/screw-top-steel-cans/p/1905T09-B/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here