Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painting ornaments

Posted by paintingfool (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 3, 08 at 9:53

I have this posted on the Tole and Decorative Painting forum but thought you might like to see them too. These are wood ornaments you can purchase at the craft stores - some have the faces outlined, others are blank but with a little bit of imagination, you can still make them pretty. The first ones are snowmen blanks - I originally thought they were Santas with a long beard but couldn't figure out why the head was so big - until my girlfriend told me they were upside down and were actually snowmen!! The Santa with wire connecting the pieces is about 8" long, a bit big for an ornament. The long skinny snowman is large craft sticks from Dollar Tree ( they will have jingle bells hanging from the bottom). The rose is a blank disk which will have tear drop acrylic crystals and ribbon hanging from the bottom. Sometimes you have to add things to something so plain like blank pieces of wood, but with a little ribbon, a few snowballs, bells, and beads and they turn out really cute. The spoon will have beads on a piece of wire wrapped around the handle, couldn't scan it with those beads.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painting ornaments

Those are so beautiful! I love the little pouting snowman. In fact, I love them all! You really are a painting fool. LOL How I wish I could paint.

o

Those are so awesome. Love the scenery on the bottom of the snowmen. How cute!!! Great job on them all!!!

o

Beautiful job! love all the cute faces you paint, and the rose is just beautiful! love your idea of adding the crystals, and omg how do you paint so well on such small things!
oddie

o

How adorable. I love the pouty little snowman face and the scenes on them. All of them are so cute. You are going to get me in the mood to paint for Christmas soon. Thanks so much for sharing.

o

I love them all too but favorite is the pouty snowman with the scenes on his body. The rose & berry & leaves ones would be fine with just velvet bow at top. Adding stuff gives them the dimension that flat pieces are missing tho you have added a lot of it to your's by being a really good painter. I'd like to see some with the additions. Do you make holes in them or glue on? Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here