Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

What are you working on? 10/8/07

sweets98
16 years ago

What is everyone up to this week?

Me? Not a lot! I have been trying to make more of the little pumpkins that I did last week, but smaller ones to put inside my collander on the table. That's about it.

I have these fabric leaves that I have been working on, too, but I got burnt out fast. I think the problem was that I picked complicated leaves like really spikey maple leaves. Then I ran out of gold and orange paint. I just got more over the weekend but I haven't worked on them anymore. Maybe today?

Comments (7)

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

I got a couple of projects completed this week finally. Now that the weather has cooled down, I am more in the mood to work on things it seems. Replaced the broken glass on a little table with a wooden top and painted some flowers on it. Also bought a small hanging light for $3.98 at TS and some cups/saucers to go on it. Also working on some painted cutouts, but no pics ready yet.

Sweets this is a good thread---good motivation so that we have something to share. ;o)

Luvs

{{gwi:129752}}
    {{gwi:129753}}
    {{gwi:193303}}
    {{gwi:193304}}

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Nothing crafty. :(
    I'm peeling wallpaper. Wanna come help???
    ~Anj

• grandma_bonnie
    16 years ago

Christmas! ...also learning a new serger - five threads! I may not have any hair by ther end f the week...

• lindaohnowga
    16 years ago

luvs, your projects are all great.

I've been working on many things. No pictures yet, but have made lots of little gold pleated ribbon angels, two stuffed and grungied gingerbreadmen, a prim painted muslin snow pillow, two snowmen painted on the wide white pancake turners, sunflowers with faces, toilet paper roll snowmen, and the list goes on. You can't even see the top of my diningroom table. LOL I took time today to decorate an old wooden ladder with fall leaf garlands, sunflowers, a scarecrow, and some little plastic decorations to sit on the steps for our front yard.

• sweets98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, a lot of you have seemed to move on to Christmas already! I have noticed that on other craft boards, too. I'm still working on Fall! LOL I will do that right up until it doesn't seem like fall anymore and it's time for winter. No rushing it!

I like your stuff, luvs. I have always admired the lights but I have nowhere to use something like that.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Anj, you are such a busy bee? Is the wallpaper in the bathroom you have been working on? Just think how pretty it will be will all completed. ;o)

Bonnie, I read your "schedule" in another post--you are gonna be busy with craft sales clear up until Christmas. Best wishes to you on lots of good sales.

Linda, all your projects sound so interesting, but the pancake turners with snowmen really caught my attention. Don't think I've ever seen that done. I've have seen wooden spoons painted to look like Santas, and snowmen painted on the bottom of muffin tins. Hope you'll share a pic of your pancake turners, that sounds like a fun kitchen gift. The grungied gingers and your painted pillow sound neat too. I painted several squares of muslin one year and a quilter friend turned them into great pillows--we both gave them as gifts to all our friends that year. ;o)

Sweets, I'm with you, still thinking about Fall/Halloween items and enjoying this great Fall weather. Such a relief after the hot, hot summer. But then I don't do craft shows or sell my items--then I would probably be doing Christmas stuff really early! LOL

• Dee_Ok
    16 years ago

I have been really lazy this week. Have made a few beaded lanyards. My niece wears an identification badge at work & requested something "pretty". I couldn't decide on colors & neither could she. So I made a few different ones for her to chose from. Who knows....I may get a few orders from her co-workers.

I need to get busy making my furbaby a winter jacket. She has been shivering the last few mornings & doesn't want to go out.

I haven't even begun to think about Christmas. Can't we put it off a month or two? Hmmmmmmmmm? :0)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida