Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Habitat Restore

Posted by danaoh (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 07 at 9:38

If there is one anywhere near you, GO! You will be amazed and shocked. So much stuff and it is always changing. Always plenty of cabinets, and better yet, cabinet doors, regular doors, wood, wood trims, windows, flooring, tiles, lighting, and who knows what else. You must go there! But be prepared to spend some time - so much fun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Habitat Restore

I finally made it into ours almost two weeks ago! I was amazed at the prices and the amount of items! I just figured the prices would be high, but they're not! I saw old sections of cabinets for $20. Bathroom vanities with the sink attached for $10! Medicine cabinets for $5-10. Amazing!

While I was in there, I bought a set of cream vinyl shutters for DD's window. We live in a mobile home and it had pieces of white aluminum for shutters. My grandparents gave me their old shutters a few years ago to replace the aluminum pieces and I painted them all black. Our bedroom windows are 54" and Gran and Pap had one set from their picture window. DS's room is in the back of the house so nobody sees it but us. I just left DD's go because it's on the back side of the house but it's bothered me! It's something like $35 for a set for her window. I got a set for $6.50 :)

I also bought an old all wood door for DH to use to make us a headboard. It was $15 :)

DH found himself a Wagner Electric Power Sprayer...for $15! It works and has saved us a load of time on this project that he's working on. I would have been out there for days staining!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here