Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Craft show report

girlsingardens
16 years ago

Well we went to a big craft show yesterday with over 300 booths. Funny thing I didn't buy anything but a dozen homemade pretzels, huge dinner plate sized ones:) I talked with a lady that did beautiful baby blankets and towel sets and we talked about the problems with the made in china stuff. She said that the show was supposed to be all homemade but the must have let the made in china resellers in to fill the spaces. We talked for 10 minutes and I felt so bad for her, she did have beautiful stuff and reasonably priced. My mom bought a set of 3 receiving blankets in a gift box for 20 dollars. She didn't have much traffic.

There were a lot of resell booths that were doing good business. But I could tell that they weren't homemade even if they acted like they were. In fact my mom spotted a fall decoration for sale at a booth, which was the same thing she picked up on clearance last week at Walmart. Can you believe that, they would buy things on clearance, and sell at a profit. I get so frustrated at these craft shows. I have been tossing the idea around of having a booth when we have our local craft show but this is frustrating.

I did see and talk to a couple of booths that did the arrangements in old boxes and cookware. They also had some cute stitcheries. I got their emails and am going to invite them over here and share some ideas with them. My mom did buy some blankets and hooded towels for the kids. Also a wooden teddy bear with changeable outfits that was really cute. But I came home with my homemade pretzels, what a deal:)

Stacie

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource