Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bed spring tute, requested by Janied

Posted by oddie (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 07 at 9:19

Thanks janied! I will try, frist clean spring with rough sandpaper, remove as much rust as possible, clean with alchol,
you can spray paint what ever color you like or left un painted for a prim look, on the pumpkin and scare crow I used spray glue and dusted with cinnamon, snowman had fake snow glued on or white dimensional paint. for the head you can use styrofoam or even glass bulbs turning the hook part down, you can also use a wood ball like on the scarecrow, I make somekind of collar frist to hide where head is glued on, I use E6000 glue for everything.
the nose are caps off of glue bottles, ( the nose on the frist one was taken off of a old snow man)I wired the buttons on the springs and used a dab of glue so they stay in place,dimensional paint on the noses and where ever else you think it would look good as snow.I am not good at writeing instructions so if you have any questions I will try and answer.
okay you know you have to post photos when done!
oddie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bed spring tute, requested by Janied

Thanks for sharing this Oddie. I know the pics are from last year but I will say again, they are gorgeous!!

Sal

o

Thanks oddie! so the noses are made from glue caps and some are made from clay? I want to make some just like yours, but I am sure they wont be as cute, but I will give it a try.lol...tfs, janie

o

janied, yes glue caps,I havent used regular clay, but I do make noses from saltdough, I might have used black dimensional paint for the eyes cant remenber now, mouth was a black marker, I give all my christmas stuff a quick spray of glitter, cant wait to see yours!
Thanks craftlady! never thought the springs would be such a hot iteam, want to do a few more for this year.
oddie

o

Oh thanks so much for the great tutorial. I have some bed springs and didn't know how to get started with them. You are a doll!

o

You are welcome!
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here