Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixie_lou

Halloween Skeleton

pixie_lou
11 years ago

I made this macrame skeleton a gazillion years ago. I just "found" him in a box I pulled out of storage. And he is now proudly hanging on my front door.

I DO NOT HAVE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE HIM. It was macrame. Thick nylon cord, a large metal ring for the head, a dowel and some large wooden beads for shoulders, a popsicle stick and large wooden beads for the pelvis, and lots of creative knotting and braiding. I could post more close up pictures of each body part if people wanted to attempt this on their own. But it's been so long since I've done macrame, I don't think I could even tie a square knot any more.

Comments (10)

• tami_ohio
    11 years ago

He's gorgeous! I would love to make one, but I don't think my fingers and hands could handle all that knotting. I'll bet if we google it we can find a pattern, tho! You did nice work!

Tami

• FlamingO in AR
    11 years ago

The pattern is in a booklet called 'Macrame Guys and Gals', I think it's book 2, but I found this on Flickr- With the above good photos and this page of instructions, someone should be able to make one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions here

• emma_2007
    10 years ago

The link is just to a yahoo account, and all I can find are books for sale. :( But I love this skeleton! I haven't seen macrame cord in years. Can you still buy that stuff?

• FlamingO in AR
    10 years ago

I posted that link almost a year ago, the photo wasn't private at that time. The pattern is called Wishbone Jones and it is in book #2, Macrame Guys and Gals. You can find the book on Amazon, Ebay and Etsy, off and on.

I've seen macrame cord in a few stores, in limited colors. I'm sure you could find it on the internet easily enough.

This post was edited by FlamingO_in_AR on Sun, Sep 22, 13 at 10:53

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

He's very cute!! I had to quit making knots as I started getting chest pains!! I did a curtain I guess you could call it for my kitchen window & that was a lot of work. I think it was 72 inches wide. I made several Christmas trees about 15 in. long I think, they were so cute, had red wooden beads on the rows. Dowel at bottom & cords were the trunk!

• nonacook
    10 years ago

I made one about that many years ago too, pixie lou. LOL
    And the very first night I hung it on my porch it was stolen. It is a lot of work, so I never made another one. I made 2 lions, giraffe, pig, sheep, turtle, and lots of owls.
    I really enjoyed macrame, and sold lots of hanging tables and plant hangers.

• skmkdixon
    8 years ago

I made one a gazillion years ago too and I just got the pattern out again to make one for someone that is graduating from medical school. It was difficult to find the right size macramé cord. I ended up purchasing clothesline from Home Depot. It was the only 8 mm cord I could find! Fun to make!

• Kathleen Feicke
    7 years ago

I made the same one about 30 years, and I proudly hang him out at Halloween. I still get comments on how nice he is. Today my lawn pest control guy wanted the instructions, but I don't have them either. Will look at Amazon. Thanks.

• tina may
    last year

skmkdixon,would it be possible for a copy of the skeleton pattern please,thank you

• kathyg_in_mi
    last year

Old post, but I love that skeleton!

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia