Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasue_gw

?? What is the name of that stuff....??

bamasue
16 years ago

Would like to find some of that rubbery substance that advertisers use to attach samples and things to paper. Am sure you are all familiar with what I'm trying to describe. You can roll it off the paper with your finger. Sort of looks like hot glue but it's not. Any idea? Thank you!

Comments (10)

• danaoh
    16 years ago

rubber cement?

• bamasue
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hmmm, I thought it might be rubber cement, too, but still not certain. It seems to be softer and a bit less sticky/tacky and makes a nice, small round type puddle very much unlike the old bottle and brush I have. Maybe it's far more new and improved since I bought mine!!

• sjarz
    16 years ago

Not sure either, but if you called a printer in your area I'm sure they'd know. Or email 3M - they make alot of products in the tape/glue category, they'd likely be able to help.
    Suzan J

• bamasue
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Suzan! Great suggestions!! Will probably have to do that. Had just hoped to get a name for it so I didn't sound like such a dum on the phone!! But, hey, it wouldn't be the first time!! Thanks to all of you!!

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

Maybe this wil be helpful??

Here is a link that might be useful: glue dots

• bamasue
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Barb!! That's GOT to be it!! Glue Dots!! And they come in many strengths of tackiness and aren't very expensive!! Who knew!! Sounds like they have more craft applications than I even thought. Thank you so much for your homework and helping me out with a name!! My GS troop thanks you, too!!

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

You are very welcome! Glad I could help! And say hi to the scouts!

• columbusgardener
    16 years ago

it's called "Booger Glue"

• gram_NH
    16 years ago

Barb, How cool are those!!! Thanks for the link.

Bamasue, Can I ask what you are using them for?

• bamasue
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, gram! Well, first it was out of sheer curiosity as I pulled off yet another "sample" from an ad in the mail. Then, I thought how great if I could get some of that stuff for the girls to use, my scouts. I've taught them about journaling, scrapbooking, handmade cards, etc. Their moms often have difficulty, understandably, allowing them to permanently glue down some of their very memorable items so thought this might be the perfect stuff if I could locate a vendor. On a more personal side, I, too, am blessed with wonderful grandkids that I love to send cards to with little enclosures of one kind or another...sometimes a few pennies, sometimes a $20 bill, or maybe just some interesting newspaper article. Just thought using the glue dots would add to the fun! Also, from the site I learned that gift basket designers often rely on it for holding item placement! Always a challenge!