Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Halloween Garden Fairies

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 9, 09 at 8:30

I was inspired to make these by an article in Somerset studio. Mine aren't as witchlike and have flowers, cuz I'm a gardener! A couple years ago I hand colored a bunch of flower, moth and butterfly b&w pics, and then I color photocopied them, those are the flowers and the moth wings. I have copyright free books that I photocopied the ladies from and the other b&w elements. And of course, scrapbook paper.
I'm now imagining a paper fairy christmas tree! I have some very different ideas, which I'll post if I actually do them, lol.
kathy

Halloween fairies:

fairy,halloween

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Halloween Garden Fairies

Just for fun I googled garden fairies just now and I found these. Who knew? Everyone but me maybe, lol.
kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Tentwo studio garden paper dolls

o

Girl, those are really neat. Another thing on my ever growing to do list. Last week I bought glass tiles at a GS, which I have never done, yesterday at an estate I bought a huge basket of beads because they were a good deal and on and on...
Syble

o

I know exactly what you are saying Syble, lol. I am now trying to use up some of the stuff that I have accumlated.
Thanks for commenting.
kathy

o

Very pretty, Kathy! I am glad you shared those with us, its always a treat to see what everyone is doing outside of gardening and garden junk. You done a beautiful job!
blessings-sherri

o

Really very clever
thanks for sharing

o

so cute! I love this type of art! if you put them in glass, you'd have a captured fairy :D
kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here