Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glue Ghosts-Easy Craft for Young Children

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 7, 08 at 6:50

I saw this and knew it was perfect for my 5 year old grandson. I drew a ghost shape on waxed paper with a permanent marker and just squeezed white school glue in the outlines. Here's a tip-you might want to flip the waxed paper over to the back side because the red permanent marker bled into the glue. Add eyes before it dries, we used mini pompoms, but wiggle eyes are suggested, or even paint the eyes on after it dries. I trimmed it off with scissors. Also, fishing line would be perfect to hang them, I'd add it to the wet glue. We wound up punching holes in the head with a hole punch.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glue Ghosts-Easy Craft for Young Children

Oh how cute!! I didn't realize school glue would get stiff enough to pull up. How long does it take to dry? What fun for young kids. I have another easy 1. Tiny spider. 1 black chenille piece (12 in. long)1 -1/2in. bk. pompom 2 -6mm wiggle eyes. Cut the chenille in 4 even pieces.(3 in. each) Twist 1 leg around the other 3 tightly . Have kids spread out "legs" & glue on pompom ,glue on eyes. All done!! You can have little spiders all over the place!! Just right size to park himself on top of pumpkin leaf!! So for $3 or so cheap craft Jan

o

Thanks! It stays pliable, I got the head and arms started for my grandson, then he peeled it the rest of the way off,slowly. It takes a good 24 hours to dry.
Oh,a tiny spider! another great project! I'm trying to find easy ones for a kindergarten class and add to my blog. This one is perfect:)

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

o

Soooo cute! seen these made useing a bobbie pin, but I like your way better, dont have to stay with one shape, so what will you use these for?
sunnyca love the spider idea, might have to make some with my gks.
TFS!
oddie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here