Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Witch's broom treat bag.

Posted by pattico (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 7, 07 at 1:55

Here is a little witches broom treat bag you can make.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It takes two sacks. A lunch sack or one of those smaller ones , like a candy sack...(we used to get them when we were small) My daughter says Fareview store has them.
Take the outside bag and cut straight down from top to bottom all the way around the bag.Strips should be about half inch wide. Sit it on table with the cut pieces laying out flat from the bottom of the bag.
Fill the other sack with treats, then sit it on top of the cut sack. Insert a stick for the broom handle. gather the top of the sack and tie it with a string or put a rubber band around it. Then gather up all the cut pieces which are supposed to look like the broom straws. Tie with a bow.

The one I saw had a black sheer ribbon on it. Much cuter than what I found in my stash. I just drew a spider on my tag. Theirs had something glued on it like a black half marble.

They are quick and easy.

The broom straws don't show up very well in my pic.

patti

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Witch's broom treat bag.

What a cute idea! thanks for shareing!
oddie

o

That is such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

o

That is very cute!! ~Anj

o

How cute! And something I haven't seen before. Very clever way to make the "broom straws" too. Love it!

o

My daughter works for a scrapbook home party sales company...they have a website of ideas from all their "consultants"...this was on there...the one who submited it said it was a "Martha S." idea. you know.....a good thing...hehe
patti

o

Patti! That is such a cute idea! Thanks so much for sharing it with us all

o

What a cute and clever idea. Thanks for sharing!!!

o

Really cute! Thanks for showing us!

o

I have never seen that idea before. Good one!

o

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

o

In Martha Stewart's Oct. issue,( the regular issue, not the Halloween special one), she shows how to make these.
There is a good photo that shows the 'straws' in the broom.
Very cute idea!

o

Cute, easy and quick! My kind of craft! Thanks for sharing!

o

I just saw this on another craft site that I go to! It's actually on Martha Stewart's site if you want the directions. This is a really neat idea!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here