Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Decorated My Vine Wreath Today

Posted by slinkey (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 6, 08 at 23:46

Okay...can you tolerate another Fall Wreath??
Today the weather was so awful, rainy, hot and humid...Seeing all your lovely wreaths, you guys inspired me to get to work. So, I took one of the vine wreaths that I made, and decorated it for fall. I've got five more, that I'll do for Halloween & Christmas. (maybe as gifts).
Excuse the 'fuzziness' of the picture...

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Decorated My Vine Wreath Today

Very beautiful colors on this one, I love it.

Sal

o

Very nice! Great colors is right!!I made a grapevine wreath once. It was a real disaster. I used the thickest vine I had & got hit in face & tried soaking it. So folks appreciate all the work it takes to make your own vines wreaths. I just buy mine. Waiting to see your next 1. Jan

o

I can't even imagine the work involved in making your own vine wreath. I really like how it turned out, especially all the little twigs on the bottom part. Nice job.

hugs, Karen

o

You made it look really pretty! Those are pretty flowers, and I like that little acorn. I too love how your little "wisps" stick out from it. Know you and your friends/family will enjoy these. Luvs

o

Very pretty! It's inspiring me to put some COLOR in my wreaths. Happy Fall!

o

Thanks all for the compliments. This was one of the cheapest wreaths I've ever made!! Of course the vines are free, lol. As for the florals >> last year, I bought a Fall Floral Spray on clearance, for $2.99 it was originally $14.99 ! So, even though I used some of the florals from that spray, I've got left overs do do another one.. Not bad..

o

Slinkey, I love your wreath and I love the colors. I also like how you have the twigs coming out the side. Great Job!!!

o

there's no picture of your wreath. Did you take it off?

o

donnas..don't know why it was deleted..but here it is again.
Photobucket

o

slinky, Great Job!!! I love the colors and the 2 little pumpkins in the bottom center. There's no fuzziness in that picture at all. Did you use grape vines or other kinds of vines?

o

hi donnas..thank you for the compliment.. No they weren't grape vines...just 'vines' that grow all around near my house. They are different sizes and are easy to work with. After I make the wreath, I then let it dry overnight and they turn brown beautifully.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here