Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vine wreath 'Centerpiece'

Posted by slinkey (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 22:54

I posted this on the Holiday site, so I thought I'd put it here too. This is one of the vine wreaths I made and used it a little differently. Instead of hanging it up, I used it for a centerpiece. I put it over a large wire basket I had. Put the hurricane w/candle in the center. Filled the hurricane w/small pine cones and filler. I then added gourds, faux fruit and some berries...
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vine wreath 'Centerpiece'

OH Slinkey, What an awesome centerpiece. I just love it. You did an awesome job on it!!!

o

Thanks cheri...I really enjoyed doing this one, as it was a different look.

o

Beautiful!! Like the pinecones in the hurricane lamp too!! Should look great right through Thanksgiving!! Jan

o

Beautiful!

o

Slinkey, I commented on the other forum. This wreath really turned out so pretty. I love all the fruits and berries you added to it.

I just wanted to be sure you placed a glass or metal saucer under it if you are going to light it. The reason I say this is that one year, I had a similar one on my coffee table at Christmas, we all left the room to try out a new video game and forgot to put the candle out! It burned down and seeped under the glass globe and caught the decorations around the glass globe on fire. Luckily my son saw it and ran and threw a throw over it to put the fire out. I ended up with a blistered coffee table but it could have been much worse. Believe me, I am pretty paranoid about burning candles now.

Luvs

o

Oh Luvs..thanks for this advice. I would never have thought of that. How scarey that it happened to you, but fortunate that your son saw it in time. You always hear of horror stories w/candles, but I never would have thought about that happening as you mentioned. Again, thanks and I will definitely follow your advice
jane

o

Really beautiful!! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!!

ginger

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here