Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crafty ideas for a earring stand?

Posted by talat (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 6, 07 at 21:48

I am wanting to make a cool earring stand. Any thrifty and cool ideas out there? I have seen some on HGTV, DIY, etc. The best was made of an old cabinet door, with the inside panel of the door removed, and a wire mesh stapled in it's place. Old and funky door knobs were screwed around the door to hold necklaces and such...nice. I am thinking of Christmas gifts.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crafty ideas for a earring stand?

I think I once saw one that used a picture frame...you could use any size. I'm not sure if they used fabric and just poked holes in it or screen so that you can put backs on or stick hooks through. You could even go as far as to paint the screen with some sort of design or something!

o

I think that's a great idea. Where these people get these 'beautiful old cabinet doors' is beyond me. You could decorate the frame just about any way. Teenage cool to shabby, to chic..

Thanks

o

i made one for myself and used a picture frame that i picked up at a yard sale. it is very rustic, kind of like barn wood and i stapled screen in the back, and it is hanging on the wall in my bathroom. works very well.
gizmo

o

I made one from spacerbars used for stitching projects. Have been thinking of making one from a picture frame I got at a yardsale.

o

A friend of mine saw someone displaying earrings (open back type) on a box grater. Could be cute for a homespun look. I've also seen framed doilies used as well where you just hook the earings into the doily.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here