Aren't these pretty?

Made by member SunnyCA.

Comments (8)

• leveta
    15 years ago

She's so talented...

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Well, not that talented, I'm just learning so my GF is showing me how to get those pesky jumprings back together & tight with no gap so your bracelet gets lost. These are fun to make & lightweight on your arm. GF sizes them to each arm. mine are in back & shorter than hers. I love the AB firepolished red & blue beads she used on the front 1. They shine & change in the sun! And a big thank you to Kudzukween for posting the pics for me. And this was all her idea to begin with & it has been so much fun doing!! Thank you thank you! Kudzuween I literally couldn't have done it without you!!Jan

• chelcass
    12 years ago

Here's a helpful tip on the jump rings. I put a dot of solder to hold them shut (50/50 for stained glass). I think perhaps some metal glue might also work.

• grandma_bonnie
    12 years ago

Nice work, Jan!!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Thanks! Bonnie, I've made a couple more & I just really check with magnifying glass & daylight lamp to be sure they are tight so won't slip off & get lost. Lucky for me it fell off in car so I could find it & fix it & the others. Jan

• oddie
    12 years ago

Just Beautiful!....love them!
    oddie

• msflora
    12 years ago

Very pretty & would make great gifts for all the females on your Christmas list too! Do you use new or used buttons?

Leslie

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

The top 1 was old buttons with turquoise beads in between, the square buttons were pearly looking & had a lot of them I had gotten at a church sale in a button box. The red buttons on the bottom were new my GF gave me to use as I had given her some of the square buttons. Any will do, just pick out what you like.The gold colored ones in center were from a broken necklace. And if you have box of rags check to be sure all the buttons were cut off. Or if blouse is damaged & you are throwing it out don't forget to remove the buttons 1st!! I'm thinking that a neat bracelet might be all the buttons different colors with gold beads between, will probably try that. Just get a terrycloth washcloth & lay your beads & buttons in what you think might work & see how you like it. The terry or waffle-weave cloth if you have it keeps the stuff where you put it so you can see how it will look put together. Have fun! Jan

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor