Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Food jars

Posted by ivamae (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 2, 09 at 18:55

I was given quite a few baby food jars. They are a bit bigger than the small Heinz ones but are considerably smaller than the Heinz large ones.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how I could use these for bazaar items? Doesn't matter if it is something that sells real cheap.

thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Food jars

Kids and adults always seem to like the jars when filled with sand or rice and some little "treasures" like buttons, charms, small clothespin, etc. and they have to try to locate the list of items while turning it over and over.

I think they could be cute if decals or painted designs were added on the sides and a votive placed inside. You could even tie bows or lace or raffia on the outsides.

And then there's always the "snow globes" where you add a decoration inside with loose glitter and water or oil. I'm sure there are directions available online.

And don't forget that small jars are always great for storage--just screw the lid onto the bottom of a shelf then put the jars back onto the lids. Can hold small items like screws, nails, etc. or even craft supplies like buttons, bits of lace, etc.

Luvs

o

small sewing kits for college students;
smelly jelly :http://www.allfreecrafts.com/homemade-gifts/fishbowl.shtml
potpourri: punch holes in the lid, or use a piece of netting or lace tied on
spiced tea
bath salts

check the link to allfreecrafts.com; they have TONS of sweet childrens crafts and simple homemade gifts.
Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: all free crafts

o

We have always used them to make tea light candle holders. Use torn tissue paper and glue to cover the jar, add a bow around the top when dry. Very pretty when lit.

o

I was just browsing through an old magazine and saw where they had made a candle holder by gluing several jars together and putting a small dish on the top and bottom. They used different sized jars and left the lids on them. I think the baby food jars would work great too. You could cover them with tissue paper like Barb suggested, or even spray paint them if you wanted.

Luvs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here