Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gobble Gobble!

Posted by shysue (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 07 at 16:35

Here is a quirky little Thanksgiving wreath I finished today. I started to put it on Trash to Treasure, but I think it is more crafty. The turkeys are made from soda cans. The wreath and decorations are items I bought at yard sales. I did have to break down and buy autumn colored ribbon at full price. LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gobble Gobble!

That's adorable ! I love "silly stuff" !!

o

I agree, that is simply adorable. How fun!!!

o

Oh my gosh I have never seen anything so cute!
Did you make it up yourself? How did you cut the feathers from the can so they wouldn't be sharp and what are the necks made of?

o

I am loving those turkeys! Could you please tell us how to make them?

o

Very cute! The turkeys look great. I'm wondering how you did their legs. Love the ribbon you found. Luvs

o

For those who asked for directions, I made a quick tutorial to give you some idea of how to make the turkeys.

Here is a link that might be useful: Soda Can Turkey Tutorial

o

Thank you so much for sharing these turkeys.
I am always looking for a new idea to use as place cards for the Thanksgiving dinner. I have 12 young grandkids, and I think that these will be very well accepted on the children's table.
I am just a little concerned about how sharp the edges might be. It might have to be that the "look, but don't touch" rule will be applied.
Bobbi

o
Not too sharp

Bobbi, the soda cans are not as sharp as other cans when cut. I did not get cut when I made the turkeys or any of the other soda can projects I have done. However, I think your rule for the children is a good idea, as they are not made to be toys. I hope my directions are clear enough for you to make the turkeys. As you say, they would be good for place cards. Ummm....I guess I had better make some more!

o

These are just the cutest, shysue!! Thanks so much for taking the time to do a picture tutorial for us "visual types"!

o

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us these directions! I'll have to grab some cans back from my recycle box!

o

Adorable! And I love the ribbon too!

o

Sooo cute! great job on putting it altogether!
oddie

o

So clever thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here