Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishdancersgram

Christmas Party Favors?

irishdancersgram
17 years ago

I'm in charge of favors for our Lioness Christmas party and need some ideas...Last year the gal had candles with a pretty ring, so candles are out....I was thinking about the Snowman Soup...If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know....Thanks for any help....

Comments (13)

• iowagirl2006
    17 years ago

How about Christmas Crackers? They are a British tradition, but you can buy supplies to make your own. You can fill them with whatever you like - small trinkets. You pull them apart with (they have a "popper" inside"). Traditionally they have a small trinket, a paper crown, and a fortune on a piece of paper, but you can put whatever you want in them.

Old English Crackers

Or you could make Jiffy Pops. You just print out a seasonal graphic on cardstock and slip it inside the Jiffy Pop pan, over the top of the original cover. You can tie a pretty ribbon on the handle. Target has Jiffy Pop for $1/pan.

This website has some free graphics for the Jiffy Pop's and other printable craft things.

Prim Doodles Printables

• Adella Bedella
    17 years ago

How about a set of wine charms in yor club colors with an "L" charm or each lady's initial hanging down. You may be able to find the charms inexpensively. Or you could use a Christmas theme.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wine Charm Craft

• User
    17 years ago

I have a ladies Christmas party each year and make small favors for each friend.

One year I painted starfish like Santas as ornaments (picture available if you're interested).

Another year I made lavendar/flaxseed eye pillows.

Another I took plain gold and clear glass ball ornaments, drew glue initials, swirls and curliques and poured on irridescent glitter for an all over design--topped with a matching bow through the loop.

You can also consider painting wooden spoons as Santas or snowmen, filling clear balls with popcorn or metallic glitter and curling ribbon, using Christmas fabric to make sachets or consider something edible--double stuffed oreos dipped in chocolate and wrap 2 in gold paper with a pretty bow and tag.

Set aside time to do them "assembly line" style and it gets done quickly.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Wow! These are some great ideas. I'm not hosting an event, but some of these would be nice for small gifts for neighbors too. Now why am I drooling? Oh, it's that double stuffed oreo in chocolate idea! LOL

• iowagirl2006
    17 years ago

Here is how I print out my Jiffy Pop covers. I make the tag on the same sheet.

All the graphic are free ones.

I printed on a tan cardstock and used some pretty Christmas ribbon to tie on the handle.

Here is a link to PC Crafts to see what they look like, although mine did look different because of the ribbon I used. But you can get the idea...

Here is a link that might be useful: PC Crafts - Jiffy Pops

• surfergal
    17 years ago

The little wire and bead angels from Carol Duval are easy and make up quickly. I used crystal and gold wire a few years ago. Everyone got one as pkg. decoration.

What is the "Lioness" group about ? maybe you could make something related to the group

Here is a link that might be useful: wire angel

• irishdancersgram
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOW, what great ideas...I'm going to have a hard time deciding...
    The Lioness group is the lady's version of the men's Lion's...We work to raise money for the sight impaired. Just a couple of our projects are, sponsoring a couple kids to go to one of our local sight impaired camps and having fund raisers for the care and training of the leader dogs...It's a very worthwhile group, very satisfying.....
    Thanks again for all the ideas...

• gaga3
    17 years ago

Registered today. Hi to all crafters! I am a diabetic and need ideas of how to use my small canisters my strips come in. Any ideas will be welcomed. Nice to read that others recycle items too. My family calls it junk but it's really treasure to a crafter's eyes.

• User
    17 years ago

Gaga3, your question will be buried here. Try posting a new thread with your question and you'll get some responses.
    Welcome aboard!

• gaga3
    17 years ago

Thanks for the information dian57

• barb_from_pa
    17 years ago

I'm going to be making some beaded bookmarks - that might be a good favor idea.
    There are directions here to make a book thong:

Here is a link that might be useful: Book Thongs

• artisticattitudes
    17 years ago

iowagirl,too doggone funny,,,,,

• tuscaroramaiden
    16 years ago

Last year I made different spice mixes (not expensive if you get the spices from Big Lots or Dollar General) & you could put the mix in baby food jars with a pretty label & ribbon, or the little jelly jars you can get at most grocery stores. You can find a lot of recipes for the mixes on-line.