Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778634

Book markers?

User
14 years ago

Does anyone make some really nice book markers that can be used for gifts? I'd love to see some pic's or instructions.

Thanks

Comments (9)

• minnie_tx
    14 years ago

joann click on the gallery (at the top of this page ) and go to page 5 I think it is we had a bookmark exchange several years ago and I posted pictures of all of them enjoy!!

• pattico_gw
    14 years ago

Joann...I started making some with my grandaughter...I enjoyed it so much I started making them to share.

I use card stock. I double (glue with glue stick) to pieces together. And cover with clear contact paper.

here are some we made.

I cut them 2 inches wide and about 8 inches long.

The leaves and the sunflower on the left are stencils (the brass kind for embossing) the rest are freehand.

{{gwi:1480820}}

{{gwi:1480821}}

• User
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, they look very nice!

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

Very nice!! Great project to do with GK's Jan

• barbaratx
    14 years ago

You can also make beaded bookmarks (sorry, no pictures). Take some waxed linen (you can get this at Wal-Mart - comes in black and white) and put beads at either end (no beads that would be in the book). I make them long enough to use in my bible.

• kudzukween
    14 years ago

here's some I made, for the corner of the page...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's blog

• posieh
    14 years ago

I save all the cards I receive because most of them are just too pretty to throw. Lots of them have neat front pages which you can save and just double them in half vertically,use a few drops of glue and glue the sides together. punch a hole in the top and add a ribbon streamer. I use the 1/4 inch ribbon. You an also attach small pieces of old jewerly to the ribbons. Sometimes I cover the bookmark with clear contact paper. Usually you can make the card by cutting off the greeting at the top of the card.

• concretenprimroses
    14 years ago

I have cut cards into strips to make bookmarks. I have a bunch of them ready to grab. This is such a fun project to do with children. It would be nice to think of a new "gimmick" that would make them even more useful. I have a vision f a multi page one with ribbons like the octopus extension cords, lol, but not sure how to keep them from getting in eachothers way.
    kathy

• barb_from_pa
    14 years ago

Here are a few I made a while ago. I'm glad you posted - it reminded me about them. Think I will give them to my women's study group from churh.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH