Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Update on friend with bee sting

Posted by pattico (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 15, 08 at 15:25

Nearly a month now and he is still in a coma...nothing good in sight.

Dr.s say he could recover and be like a 2 year old.

Many prayers needed in this situation.

Oh..and here in our area last week a man (Omaha) was stung by about a doz. bees and died instantly.

My cousins boy was riding his bike once at one of our reunions...rode over an old log. It had bees living it in..they attacked him...He had hundreds of bee stings..they were in his socks and in his underware. Literally every square inch had a bee sting. He was okay. Aparently those having the trouble are those who are alergic. Neither of the two guys knew they had an alergy to bee stings.

I wonder if there is a way to be tested to see if you are.

patti

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Update on friend with bee sting

I was stung several times as my dad raised bees then 1 day I got stung on the top of my head ran across street to our house & dad was up the ladder,I started up & couldn't see, I was terrified, he worked his way down & got me to dr. Been stung several times since,once walking in ocean-bees actually go in the water!!!! I had a yr of shots but couldn't finish last 2 as I was having very bad reactions. Got stung & ended up in ER again & they "watched" me, I finally told them, "I'm checking out here, I've got 2 kids & they need a mom. My ears were itching & I was seeing oceans & cornfields & all sorts of things, I had high BP & irratic pulse up to 200 as near as they could tell so they gave me the shot of adeneraline. 15 min later I was fine. I said, what were you waiting for. Dr said he was sure the antibee shots would work. They didn't. So no way to be tested. I even had a reaction to cheap China made candle for Halloween, a little witch, didn't sit even so I took knife & scraped off the bottom to level it, I started talking "funny" myDD asked me what was wrong, the stuff I scrapped off when I got it under the light had bee parts so they use old used beeswax in candles that are dark & cheap!! 2 Benadryl worked that time as I had not been stung just touched the stuff. I carry an epi pen & benadryl. Jan

o
RE: Update on friend with bee sting

Sorry all of you...I see I posted this on the wrong forum....I wondered where it went...I was sure I had posted it.

Being an update...you probably wondered where the orginal post was...

I'm telling you....I'm getting old...and more and more I do these dumb things...

patti

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here