Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardengirl_ia

Quick and Easy - How to post pictures in your message

GardenGirl_IA
18 years ago

I posted this as an answer over in computer help, but thought I would post it here too since business is picking up! LOL I know many of us already know how too - but some might want to know.

I use TinyPic- it is part of Photobucket and is also free - but you do not have to register. The photo's will not be stored indefinately - but will be there as long as they are viewed by people. It is the ideal place to host a picture if you just want to add something to your post. If you want to keep the pictures and repost them from time to time you may want to use Photobucket.

You will see a box on the TinyPic page that says "BROWSE" - this will allow you to find the picture on your computer. You do not need to add anything in the "OPTIONAL TAG" box Then you will hit the button that says "HOST" - if the file size is too large - it will automatically resize it. If you are on dial-up this may take a few moments. Then a new screen will come up - and it will have 4 lines. The one that says "TAG" is the one you need to post a picture in a post on these sites (GardenWeb, That Home Site) Click on it so it is highlighted, then "right click" and "copy". Paste that line in your message and your picture will show up when you preview your post.

Here is a link that might be useful: TinyPic