Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

Fall Decorated Wooden Ladder

craftylady-2006
16 years ago

I decorated this old wooden ladder with grapevine, faux fall flowers, faux bittersweet, etc. Whatcha think??

Sal

{{gwi:1480759}}

{{gwi:1480760}}

{{gwi:1480761}}

Comments (18)

• minnie_tx
    16 years ago

Really attractive Don't you love fall??

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Sal...it looks so good. Did you sew up that cute kitty with the crow? I love it. So cute perched up on the pumpkin like that. Has your real kitty come home yet?? ~Anj

• shysue
    16 years ago

As usual it is outstanding. You do great work.

• annielu
    16 years ago

OOOOH, so pretty!!! Gives me an idea-I bought a little ladder at an auction for 50 cents!!
    Doncha just love fall??? So many ways to decorate!

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the great comments. I got the kitty & crow at the Big E last year.

Anj: No my real kitty has been gone since last Thurs night. Animal Control guy says several rpts last few weeks of cats missing in our area.) I have not felt well since Thurs and it makes me tear up and cry. Yesterday I thought the worse and wonder if some S-B is taking cats getting ready for Halloween. I'd rather he be you know what than that!

Go for it Annelu - I want to see what you make.

Sal

• oddie
    16 years ago

I think its just beautiful! love how you put it all together!
    another beautiful creation, keep them comming love seeing the photos
    oddie

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Sal~ I'm sorry, I thought he'd be back by now. I sure hope that's not the case. You know these boy cats like to roam and can sometimes go off for weeks and then stroll back in like they never left. Hope he strolls back soon!! ((hugs)) ~Anj

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

Sal, I'm really sad to hear you haven't found your cat. I can't even imagine what you are suffering over this. If its any consolation, I think with Halloween a month away almost, no one would taking cats this soon. At least in Phx it seems black cats are in danger really close to Halloween.
    On a better note, your ladder is absolutely wonderful. May I put it in my inspiration decor album?
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Inspiration for Fall and Christmas Decor

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Karen, you certainly can put my ladder pics in your Inspiration Album, I'd be honored.

I found my cat late last night. He was in the basement in a corner, he's gone. I cried horribly. I know he wasn't there before cause I searched like crazy down there for him. I purposely opened the basement hatchway door both Sat and Sun during the day in case he came back. Maybe he did and crawled in so I would at least be able to find him. Or maybe he was down there the whole time and too weak to meow out to me and then got in the corner last night so I would find him. Thanks to all for the kind words about my furry little friend, I'll miss him dearly.

Sal

• judithva
    16 years ago

Adorable! Love the colors, and design.

• donnas_gw
    16 years ago

WOW!!! That is one beautiful fall decoration!! I would never have thought to do something like that myself. I think I'm stuck in the making wreaths department, or using a pattern to do crafting.

• luvstocraft
    16 years ago

Sal, Your ladder is great, and such a creative idea. I love it. ;o)

So sorry about your cat, I know you will miss him terribly, our pets are such an important part of our "family".

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    16 years ago

oh Sal, my heart just breaks for you. I hope there is some small consolation in having this closure of finding him. I am sure he meant for you to do so.

a warm hug, Karen

• countrygrl
    16 years ago

I don't just like it, I LOVE it!! I passed up a small ladder like that, trying to cut down on what I bring home. Big mistake!It's just perfect. I'm so sorry about your kitty. But thank goodness he came home, so you won't wonder the rest of your life what happened to him.

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Aw Sal, so sorry about kitty, I was sure hoping he'd be ok. I'm glad you were able to find him to have have some closure, but I'm very sad with you. ((hugs)) ~Anj

• craftylady-2006
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the warm and kind words about my little buddy. He sure was a "good kitty." Even though it saddens me deeply that he's gone, I am grateful I found him and I won't worry that he's hurt or someone snatched him.

Sal

• quidam
    16 years ago

Yes, you found him and no longer need to wonder....that is a blessing in disguise.

I love your ladder decoration and I love cats, so I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Sheri

• Jacquelyn
    16 years ago

Thats beautiful!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County