Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody Have Any Good Ornament Ideas

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 26, 11 at 14:40

Ive made many many over the years,my daughter & I make like 5 different kind every year and anyone who visits over the holidays gets thier pick,plus all daughternlaws,me,daughter.
I cant find any everything I see this year is not what I call crafts.Some awful stuff out there.Give me some ideas,/i did find a cute lantern made out of soda cans.when done you spray paint.I like to stay country or authentic as I have a 1700 farmhouse.Any ideas???I have a bunch Ive done over the years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody Have Any Good Ornament Ideas

I think these little burlap birds are adorable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Burlap birds

o

Adella, very cute birds & great directions! I usually make something each year also but haven't found anything to make this year. Allergic to burlap but might have another fabric that would work. Thanks! Jan

o

What a nice tradition you do! This may be too simple, but we did these one year when my kids were young and I'm still using them on our tree. Do you have pinecones nearby? The field trip was as much fun as making the ornaments. In late fall, we took an invigorating hike in the woods and collected pine cones. We spray painted them gold and make bows out of different kinds of raffia; red, green and gingham check, and attached them to the top of the pinecones with a jute hanging loop. Some of the bows have since fallen off, but the pine cones still look cute without the bows too.

o

I love the little birds made out of pine cones that we used to have when I was a kid. I almost bought these vintage ones on ebay, thinking I would then copy them. But if you look at the pic, (blue bird in the 4th pic is the best) you can see they are fairly simple.
I think the head may be paper mache, but I am thinking acorn! Or something else round. The tail could be made out of cardboard and the beak from pine cone pieces.
I like the colorful look, but ivory paint with a bit of brown highlights would give them a shabby chic look.

I love that you do this with your daughter. What a wonderful tradition.
Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Pine cone birds

o

Really cute,yes we have pines I told my daughter they are starting to drop,I started a pine cone wreath but didnt finish,I went on dialysis,I need a kidney.Thanks for ideas

o

I've been so out of doing crafts I'll have to look in my files
I'll look up the photos Once year I made mini scens using large wooden drapery rings. These use a lot of tiny figurine and little things
I'll see if I can find any pics tonight

o

Thoose sound like fun, Minnie!
Kathy

o
REOne

I look at some old posts on this site and will post a few links that might give you a few ideas

If you dont have enought tp tubes you could cut down the tube from wrapping paper

Here is a link that might be useful: Toilet tube snowmen treat or gift holders - Crafts and Decorations Forum - Gar

o
RE: Two

Take a look around here

Here is a link that might be useful: new ornaments - Crafts and Decorations Forum - GardenWeb

o
RE Three

These are clever and cute and a lot of work I think

Here is a link that might be useful: Mini Twig Reindeer - Crafts and Decorations Forum - GardenWeb

o

Oh I just love those reindeer. I have this idea of making animal themed ornaments, birds and reindeer at least.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here