Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

What are you working on? 9/17/07

sweets98
16 years ago

Okay, another week has passed...what did you accomplish and what are your plans for this week?

I did get the laundry room done for the most part. It's taken longer than I wanted it to (it's a SMALL area!) because every night when I think I'll get some time to do things because DH is home to help with the kids, he wants me to help him with something! LOL I need to dig through Aften's stuff for something to go on the "clothesline" because I have Shane's Osh Kosh Bibs and his Gap ball cap. I also need DH to cut these boards down and make me my shelves for the back of the washer and dryer and I want him to make me another small shelf for the corner. Either that, or I need to paint the wire rack I have because the green is bugging me! I like what I've done so far but it's like it's not quite complete so I'm not really happy yet and therefore haven't felt it was photo quality! LOL

Today I finished up curtains for a friend of mine. She bought this silky champagne colored fabric with roses on it months ago. I don't know what she was thinking but she wanted new living room curtains and didn't have a lot of money and thought it was really SIMPLE to make curtains. Well, it can be but it helps if you can sew! LOL She was going to attempt hand stitching and I explained that it could take YEARS at the rate she works at! LOL Anyway, she was using it like a valance and had it attched to the rods with safety pins. I went up to her house on Friday and we figured out what we could do with the amount of fabric she bought at the time and I ended up bringing everything home because we ran out of time up there. I made her 4 panels for her 3 window bay window at 63" long and even had enough to do tie backs. I can't wait to see them in her window but I really think she's going to need sheers yet. I'm trying to teach her how to decorate nicely but inexpensively :)

My next project will be my new shower curtain :) I have wanted one for some time but didn't feel like spending $35+ on a Primitive country plaid shower curtain so I bought $10 worth of fabric and I'm going to make my own. This should be simple after all the folding over and heming I've done the last three days! LOL

After that, I'm not sure what I'm going to get in to. I have two signs to make for my aunt. They have to be woodland themed with their last name on it. They want one for the house and one for their camper. I'm at least going to get paid for that job!

Comments (5)

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I'm working on nothing fun yet for the week. I traded spaces with my dining room and office. Had my office in a little nook off the kitchen and the seldom used dining room around the corner from the kitchen had turned into my craft room. Decided that with the holidays my dining room table would get more use in the nook off the kitchen (we have a large bar in the kitchen that we've been using) and I could use the dining room as office/craft room. Still trying to get things put away, but I'm definitely going to like it much better. Had to think outside the box a little and get over my thinking that the dining room must house the dining room table. ha

When I get things organized I have some touchups to do on the bedroom sign I was working on last week to get it finished up. And I did get the barn stars drawn out on the linen cabinet doors so hoping to get to that project this week too.

Sweets~ I sew like your friend. ha Gonna have to come up with a creative way to add curtains to my new dining area that doesn't involve sewing. ha
    ~Anj

• sweets98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are my laundry before and afters....:)

Before

{{gwi:1480124}}

{{gwi:1480125}}

This is really a BEFORE because it's even before I painted the walls cream. It's just the only picture of this cabinet that I can find :)

And the Afters...I have a few things that I want to do yet. Like DH needs to make my shelves for above the washer and dryer and I want him to build a simple wooden shelf to fill the spot where the wire rack is :) I'm also going to distress the edges of my cabinets a bit :) Remember it only cost me 50¢ so far...what I paid for the valance at the thrift store!

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Wow!! What a difference the black paint makes. I love it! I use a lot of black and red in my house too. ha Love the shelf painted red as well. Great price on that TS valance too. A few little changes and you have a whole new laundry area. It's almost enough to make you want to do the laundry now......almost. ha Great job. I love everything. ~Anj

• anjabee
    16 years ago

BTW~ got my membership accepted at Primmart and been there all morning! Sweets and Cheri have conspired to keep me glued to this computer! Between here and there I'll never leave this chair!! ha Thanks you guys!! :D ~Anj

• sweets98
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL...oh, my, yes...we forgot to warn you! Hope you are having fun!

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA