Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnas_gw

revised fall wreath-before and after

donnas_gw
15 years ago

I decided to add more flowers and take out most of the bright orange ones. Thought I'd use colors that went better with the bow.

Before:

After:

Comments (10)

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just removed the bright orange flower under the bow. Thought that was too orange. LOL

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Well, I actually like it BOTH ways. But since orange is one of my least favorite colors, the revised edition is more to my tastes. I think you did a lovely wreath either way tho.

Karen

• plainjane425
    15 years ago

I actually liked both too. I especially love the purple in with the fall colors. The second one looks more fall though, I guess b/c of the leaves.

• grandma_bonnie
    15 years ago

I love both of them too, but the fall leaves really make it pop!

• donnas_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

purplemoon, I just thought the orange was too "neon" orange, and it didn't to with the colors in the bow. The more I looked at them the more I thought "they've gotta go". So I removed all but the one on the side, which is hardly visible. The orange one below the bow was replaced with another purple daisy.

slinky, I think some of the smaller purple flowers got lost underneath all the other stuff I put in LOL. They are the same purple flowers as in the first picture. The second picture came out showing them a different shade of purple. I also had 3 picks that I used (recycled....going green here LOL). Most of what I added were old flowers and leaves that I had used before.

grandma_bonnie, thank you. I have so many artificial fall leaves that I've bought from Walmart it isn't funny. The orange and red leaves jump out at me and I can't resist looking at them. I haven't bought any in the past couple of years...don't need anymore LOL.

• daisydal
    15 years ago

Yep, my vote is for both of them, too! can't hardly go wrong with some pretty silk flowers like those and a bow. You have done a great job on both. I think the bottom one has more of the muted fall colors that go with the bow. but they are both very pretty, especially against your white door, they really pop. Great job!
    blessings-sherri

• huggybear_2008
    15 years ago

Wow, that is very pretty both ways.. but I too, like the second one best. Good job..

• justlinda
    15 years ago

Love the 2nd one also. The green/yellow gourd really adds another dimension. Very nice!

• ringaroundtherosie
    15 years ago

Definitely the second one. I like the "light" touches you have added. I have been creating floral for over 15 years, and I'm always amazed what a difference green and a touch of white make to arrangements. I just made a fall wreath for my daughter's apartment door, and I completely covered the grapevine and added a bow in with the fall leaves, flowers, gourds, etc. Now I need to make a few to sell at our church's fall craft fair. Keep arranging, and you'll be surprised how much easier it gets and how it seems to flow together.

Rosie

• leveta
    15 years ago

Ohhh how pretty...Boy I could use that in my shop. Love the colors. Don't ya just love the fall...

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz