Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spanish roof tile carving

Posted by trog (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 07 at 13:42

Hi
Just stumbled across this forum V interesting. I have started carving redundant Spanish pantile roof tiles into wall light coverings, ornaments, nick knack holders etc. Question, is there a carving bit that fits into a drill to make life easier?
Trog (who lives in Spain)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spanish roof tile carving

Welcome to the forum Trog, so glad you joined the Junk Pile. You'll have a wonderful checking in and see who's doing what and making your own posts and projects. We love pics so please post as many as you wish. As for your drill bit question, sorry but I have no clue. If someone on this forum doesn't answer you, you might want to go to the top of the first forum page here and click on other forums as I believe there is a woodworking forum and someone in there might be able to give you the info you need on the bits. There is one tool I know of and I'll probably get the name wrong here but it's like an all-in-one tool that crafters use for different types of projects, carving, sanding, polishing, etc. It comes with several small bits for those types of uses. Please don't laugh at what I think it's called and if someone else reads this, please correct the name of this tool for me. I think it's a "drezel." I'm probably not even close in the name but I don't mind giving it a try, maybe it begins with a T.

Anywho, sure hope you'll participate in the forum more often now that you've found us. It's a great bunch of folks who are always willing to help out or comment on a project. You'll come to love checking in and see what's going on. Have fun on your tiles,

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here