Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dogwood Tree Berries for Decorating?

Posted by bowdoin514 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 20, 07 at 13:30

Hi All,
Not sure if this is posted in the correct craft category. Was wondering if anyone here would be able to answer my question or offer me advice. Here goes...can the red berries left on my cut-down branches from my dogwood be dried and used for decorating? Someone else asked me, and I got curious. They would be pretty in some natural arrangement or something. Would they shrivel or lose color? Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Emma in SC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dogwood Tree Berries for Decorating?

I'm no expert Emma, but I think any real berries are going to dry and shrivel up because they contain liquid. I collected some real pretty red berries last year from a bush along side the road but I had them in water the whole time. They did last that way, at least for a few weeks, then the leaves turned brown and it was time to get rid of them. I've never tried the "drying flower silica sand" or whatever they call it, but you might want to use that. Either try calling a florist for the info or do a search on the web for dog-wood tree berries and see what you can come up with. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here