Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
enjoyingspring

Paper Bag Baskets

enjoyingspring
16 years ago

I made these years ago, thought I would make them again for this Xmas to put gifts in.

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper Bag Baskets

Comments (6)

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

Well - this is blast from the past ! It brings back memories ! Thanks for the link :)

• trudymom
    16 years ago

What a neat idea. Thanks for the link to the site!!

• oddie
    16 years ago

what a cute idea, never tried makeing these but I am always looking for ideas to put gifts in, thanks for posting the site!
    Oddie

• pattico_gw
    16 years ago

I loved those...Nearly every good country decorated home had some of those little baskets...

I really miss the country decorating the way it use to be...

I remember how everyone loved to come to my house to see all the decor I had...Now everybody homes are so plain...I hope it swings back again while I'm still able to enjoy it and not a babbling old woman in a nursing home...

And have you noticed all the country magazines seem to be gone....

I really loved the feeling I got from my home then...even if it did take a lot of dusting...

And the Christmases...I loved decorating like the Christmases long long past.
    patti

• enjoyingspring
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pattico.....I know the feeling, I really miss the crafting from a few years back. There just does not seem to be any interest in it anymore. I was in JoAnnes this past weekend and I could not believe how the store has changed, hardly any craft materials left in the store, they just seem to be selling all this pre-made stuff from China. Very sad.

I think the problem is too that young people today make very large salaries, they don't have the desire to make anything, they can afford to buy only the best made.

• sweets98
    16 years ago

Ah! I remember those! My Gram also made them with the paper...oh what was it called? It was all twisted up and you used it to make bows and all sorts of things? I'm sure my basket has been long since tossed but it would be nice to have it now! I appreciate those things more than I did when I was 10! LOL

Country isn't totally gone. Many people out there still decorate that way it's just it's not what the latest decorating "trend" is right now. My home is filled with country items and Prim antiques. Most modern lovers would shudder if they saw my home but I LOVE all my goodies! Prim is a VERY popular trend here where I live in central Pennsylvania.

I seem to see more younger people making items where I live. In fact, the craft dept employee at Wal-Mart even told me so last winter! She said she noticed more teens and college aged girls making gifts for family and friends (crocheting and knitting have gotten popular again!). I think the trend will change back toward that mor and I sure hope it does!. People think they don't have time to do anything, they really do...just shut off the TV and get to work! I have converted a few people so far! LOL I taught my friend who couldn't sew how to make yo-yo's and my SIL is interested in learning something so he has a hobby for herself!