Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my pumpkin

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 13:17

I made my own pattern and put batting in between the front and back. Added the leaves and the vines(?)...guess that's what they're called. I don't think that is what a pumpkin leaf really looks like. I used leaves from one of my artificial flowers. You can see it's not perfect, but that's why I never took up quilting LOL.

pumpkin with leaves

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my pumpkin

I think you did an awesome job with your original design. As for the shape, I have never seen a perfectly shaped pumpkin! Keep up the good work. Carol

o

thank you carolswfl. I agree that there is no perfectly shaped pumpkin, and I'm happy with the shape that I made. The topstitched "ribs" are puckered, still I think it is cute. I've tried quilting and working with batting, and it isn't easy getting all the wrinkles out. You must have to do alot of pinning!

o

You're welcome, I think the wrinkles in the "ribs" give the pumpkin dimension (sp), looks like it's meant to be. Carol

o

I think you did a fabulous job on your pumpkin!!! And to make it even more special, it's your very own pattern. Great job!!!

o

cheri_c, thank you. It is fun making your own patterns. I've had some turn out great and some didn't turn out well at all.

o

This 1 turned out great!! I thought you had purposely used a gathering stitch to get it to look so neat, don't try to straighten them out. I agree, quilting takes a special kind of person. My mess is up in the closet. Gal at church used to make the most beautiful quilts. She said you should have 10-12 stitches per in. Mine is a mess even sewn together on sewing machine so didn't bother to quilt it. Don't you give up tho as you may be a budding quilter! You did a fine job on your 1st 1. Jan

o

Your handmade pumpkin is fantastic Donna!! You did a great job on it.

Sal

o

That's cute as a button. I love it.

Devonia

o

i love your pumpkin. Thanks for a cute idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here