Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
getting bugs out of wreath before taking inside

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 07 at 12:28

This is probably a stupid question, but I hope someone can give me some advise. I've tried hanging my wreaths on my entrance door, but because I also have a storm door, the flowers get pressed between the 2 doors. To prevent that problem, I hang mine outside on my storm door using a suction cup. Any wreath that has been out for awhile ends up with bugs and tiny spiders (eggs, too, for all I know!). I don't want to take the wreath inside and have a houseful of bugs. I don't think that just by shaking the wreath before taking it inside is going to get rid of whatever is hiding in it. Anyone else have this problem and what do you do before taking your wreath in...do you spray it?? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: getting bugs out of wreath before taking inside

I would spray it on both sides. We always spray the live Christmas tree before it comes in the house.
I'd use a hair dryer on it too, to try to dislodge anything that shouldn't be there.

o

Put it in a big plastic bag....spray. close the bag leave it for a day and watch what dies!
Linda c...spider-phobe!

o

I like your idea Linda, exactly what do you spray it with?

I was going to suggest using compressed air to spray it, as it's a fast and hard blast.

Sal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here