Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advise on Gluegun

Posted by nyboy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 9:09

Hi I would like to get a hot glue gun. I know nothing about them, is there diffent types? What should I look for? Are any better then others? What about glue sticks?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advise on Gluegun

I'm not real experienced but since no one else has answered. I have 2. Both from Wal Mart and the cheapest. They are electric. I have one that is high temp that uses the bigger glue sticks and the other is low temp which uses the smaller sticks. I really like the low temp because the glue comes out in small amounts but it doesn't allow for gluing large things fast. Because it seems to cool off to fast. The hi temp gets really hot if you happen to get it on fingers etc and will blister. But good for larger areas etc. So if you haven't already gotten one you may want to consider what you are going to use it for first. The stands are nice but I just let mine drip in a plastic lid and throw it away after awhile. I think most of them have little leg things so you don't have to lay them on their side. I melted a spot on my table because I didn't use the stand up thing.

o

Get the big one it works better the little ones arent as hot.

o

Go to Michael's craft store and check out all the different types of glue guns. Then you can choose the right one for your particular needs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here