Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brownli

Need Help Decorating Large Tilt Ball Candy Jar

brownli
12 years ago

Garden Web has helped me remodel a kitchen; craft for pleasure, friends and family; sew; and even cook. But today I submit a new challenge that might even stump Garden Web'sters - the best of the best.

We are donating this very large tilted jar to school auction - it is to have a movie night theme and will be stuffed with other movie night donations - tickets, movie sized candy boxes, popcorn packs, etc. The jar is large, 2gallon - measures 12 inches tall, 12 inches =front opening to back and 8 inches wide.

I need help with suggestions on decorating the jar - it will be set among other decorated baskets that have overwhelming WOW factors, even from a distance - they are large and overdone. I'm already certain this jar will get overlooked and passed easily by the auction bidders unless you guys can seriously help me!

I'm trying to accomplish:

1) initial WOW that will interest bidders long enough to stop, read the printed content of the jar and its overall worth. (this would be the overall WOW decoration factor and possibly for the most part, if not all, the 'packaging-presentation of the jar).

2) help the bidder quickly visualize future, multiple uses of the jar once home. (memorabilia, packaged snack food items, hand towels, crafting supplies, shells - I don't know HELP!)

Any decoration ideas for the jar itself, need to be temporary (even if reusable), in that I don't want to paint or otherwise alter the jar itself. That said, the knob does screw on/off and I'm trying to think how to bring that into play, if at all.

Please help if you can....I'm really stumped and this is due Monday....and of course, it's Saturday now.

Thank you all, even for reading through this....

Here is a link that might be useful: 2 gallon Tilted Candy jar

Comments (2)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer