Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
lightbulb jack o lantern..by SunnyCA

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 27, 08 at 8:22

Check out this cute craft by SunnyCA...isn't it sweet?

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lightbulb jack o lantern..by SunnyCA

Awww, So sweet. Great job SunnyCA.

o

I might have used glass paint. It would stay on better but since lightbulb you won't be moving it around much.There is a green crease(indent lines pumpkins have) line,you can just see it to the left of mouth about 1/2 in out. It is same distance out on other side too. Water down same green you used for leaves just a bit. I was loseing light by time i took the pic yesterday. Anyway be sure to go around the bulb & put about 6 lines going from about 1/2 in. from bottom of bulb to little below the leaves. It just gives it the "right" look. Have fun!! Jan

o

sunnyca, he is really cute!! I wouldn't have thought to paint the ribs on. I like the way you freehanded his face. Now I just might have to go to dollar store and buy a cheap pack of bulbs LOL. Of course they really aren't cheap, but it's hard to tell when I will get another burned out lightbulb. Will have to get the kids to save theirs (if they remember to). Again, your pumpkin is really adorable!!

o

Ohhhh he's a cutie....

o

he's adorable SunnyCa...great paint job on him. Thanks for the tip on the 'ribs'...I'll never take an old burned out light bulb for granted anymore...lol
jane

o

Thanks, glad you like him. I went to bro.s house tonight & they had cute little magnets on fridge. You can make them in minutes!! Glass globs, clear flat ones & cut out tiny pic of flowers or scene like at beach, just glue on back.Pic needs to be put on with clear glue as will show through the glob let dry & glue on round magnet over the back of pic. That's all! Looked so cute on fridge & sooooo easy to make. Little pic shows through the glob and brightens up fridge! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here