Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making Mobiles (Not Alabama)

Posted by miles661 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 23:53

New to posting on this part of the GW. Spend most of my apparently free time over in the decorating den of iniquity.
Just thought I'd share my latest endeavor: A mobile.
Inspired by $1 wood bracelets I found at Michael's, I decided to create my own mobile... and see what happens.

Enjoy the process with me....

Here is the start of this madness..... 21 bracelets, paint and some foam brushes...

Photobucket

Here you get a better idea as to the scale of the wood ornaments...

Photobucket

And here is my inital concept for hanging the finished products... more to come!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making Mobiles (Not Alabama)

Hi....I saw these bracelets,too...I spent a few minutes standing in front of them thinking what I could do with them...they sure wouldn't fit over my hand as intended,lol....can't wait to see your finished project.

o

WOW Nice score.. I have to get to Michaels.. with exactly $10.70 in my pocket to get 10 bangles. I have a habit of leaving there spending about $80... LOL

I found these 2 projects on Crafstylish.... incase you go back and get more! LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Making bright bangles

o
more projects

Here's another link for those bangles...

Here is a link that might be useful: Painted Bangles

o
oops!

I just realized they are too small for my project links.. well unless you DON't want to wear them.. anywho.. it's still decorating inspiration.. LOL

o

Finished sanding them last night. I will be staining and painting them this evening after work. More pictures to come!
Thanks for the links! I hadn't thought of spraying them with a coat of varnish. Great idea!

o

Here they are: Stained, painted and ready to be varnished. That will happen later tonight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

That's gong to be SO darn cute!

o

Just a quick update: I've finished staining/painting/varnishing. I've finalized the method by which I will hang them. Check out my blogger site for pictoral updates as I go.

o

Finally finished this project last night. Here are some quick pictures- poor pictures- but pictures none the less.

Photobucket

Closer up...

Photobucket

o

Nice job! Congrats!

o

That really looks neat. I would love to make some to decorate the kids rooms the new baby would love the movement when he/she comes.

Stacie
girlsingardens

o

Miles, what is the bendy pipe it's hanging from?

o

The steel rod came from Home Depot. I don't know what it is called technically, but it was 48" long x 3/4" wide and about 1/8"thick. It is pliable enough to bend but strong enough to hold the shape. I just cut it down to size and spray painted it flat white.

o

Thanks - this is very nice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here