Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sameboat

Silk Flower and Greens Supplier?

sameboat
16 years ago

I am beginning to craft wreaths out of silk flowers and grasses but WalMart is the only place I've purchased materials. I am looking for really well-made supplies but all the places I find online are very expensive! Does anyone know of an online supplier that is reasonable for the quality they have? Thank you for any suggestions.

Comments (4)

• craftylady-2006
    16 years ago

My best suggestion is to apply for a vendor's license through your State and go wholesale looking for supplies. Otherwise, my other best suggestion is to wait for the 50% off sales and stock up then and then again after the holidays. I did that last year after the fall and winter holidays. I picked up lots of floral and greenery at the 70% or 90% super low prices. I just put it all away till the next year.

You can also sign up for Joann's 40% off coupons which you receive in the mail or get online. Joann's is good about not bombarding you online with junk mail. You could also have a few family and friends sign up for the coupons also. Other than that, try eBay. Some of the Sellers are wholesale and are open to selling to all at those prices.

• sameboat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you for your suggestions! I will try stocking up - I'll bet it's hard to purchase Spring flowers in Autumn when you're just starting out. But then again, the prices should be great.

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

I've bought silk flowers from Walmart too. JoAnn's is a good place to go and they will put there seasonal flowers on sale. Another place is Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Old Time Pottery, and Garden Ridge. I work at a flower shop and we just went to some of the wholesalers last week and some of them are very expensive for wholesale prices I think. Flower Factory is a good wholesale place to try. I don't know where you are from and if any of these stores are in your area. Good luck on your search. Looking forward to seeing some of your creations!!!
    Cheri

• sameboat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's one I've made so far. I absolutely love it but I tried selling it on eBay and there was no interest at all. Not even a sniff. So I added more flowers and will try again.

I do not know if there is a special way of making wreaths, a certain placement for things, but I just do what looks good to me. I can't find any good sites that teach about placement of color on wreaths or textures.

This one cost me about $12 to make. I can't wait to make Christmas ones. All the colors and glitter!

Thank you for your suggestions.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County