Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sheri_gw

Early Christmas ornament ideas, with instructions

sheri
15 years ago

I just thought I'd share some crafty Christmas ornament ideas.

I work with my church each year to put on a Christmas workshop for the kids. We accumulate the materials for the kids to make their own handmade ornaments. The kids run from room to room making as many crafts as they can. There are between 25-30 different crafts, and we go through up to 300 of each. We usually have nearly 1000 people attend.

The cost needs to be low, under 75 cents each. And we need a variety of styles/difficulties to cover the range of ages. This will be our 10th year and the crafts have really improved over the years. It has really developed into a tradition for many families.

Anyway, I've been putting together a website with the ideas and materials/instructions for the crafts since everyone would ask me for the information afterwards. I thought you might like to see, since we're just getting into that season (sad to say in August, but I know WE have to start early.) And I've already got 10 new/original ideas for this year that I'm getting ready to post, plus I need to go back and post some of the earlier years.

The website is childmadecrafts.com (or just childmade.com) Let me know what you think! By the way, I'm always looking for ideas too! (Off-topic, there's also a section for artwork ideas for school fundraising auctions, if you happen to get hooked into that responsibility. BTDT!)

Here is a link that might be useful: craft ideas

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?