Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Fall Craft Classes..................

Posted by enjoyingspring (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 19, 09 at 21:55

this year in my city. Usually the high schools have fall craft classes in the evening, but I have not been able to find any for this year. I guess just another sign of people not doing crafts anymore.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Fall Craft Classes..................

Could be no money to pay the instructor! Our schools are cutting way back! You would think a craft where you take a discarded item & make it into something useful like they do on T to T forum or Garden Junk would really be great. Or a use up your yarn, fabric or misc. craft supplies class. Lot of women have had to go back to work! Jan

o

So have one yourself! ;o) Just invite three or four friends over, either have each one bring something they want to work on, or choose one project to all do. Some iced tea and cookies and you're good to go.

My neighbor used to have "girl's craft night" once a month and we all brought a food item to share and "taught" a project. We did allot of T2T and scrap crafts, and we even shared supplies. Not allot of expense, but such a fun evening!

Luvs

o

Luvs , I would LOVE to have a "craft club" like that !!!

The only "crafty" classes around here are at the senior center. You have to pay - but it's rediculously low .
If you have a Craig's list - maybe you could check that out and even post something about looking for classes.
Good luck !

o

I wish we had classes here too. My DIL and I did take a wreath making class at the Senior Center in a neighboring town. It was open to anyone and was low cost. We had lots of fun and make a couple of nice wreaths. A craft club would be a fun way to learn new things.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here