Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Jiffy Pop needed

luvstocraft
16 years ago

I am in the midwest on vacation. I brought a painted jiffy pop to show my niece and now she wants to make some by using the graphics. Problem is we went three places today, and NO Jiffy Pop! Any ideas where else to look? I thought maybe Target, we've already tried Walmart, Dollar General, and Big Lots. Also, I'm wanting to find the old post on here that had links to some free Jiffy Pop graphics. Would appreciate any help finding graphics and assistance with how to print them to use. Thanks in advance. Luvs

Comments (20)

• scottymam
    16 years ago

OK, what is Jiffy Pop? The only Jiffy Pop I know of is the popcorn from my childhood!

Ellie

• anjabee
    16 years ago

That's what she's talking about Ellie.

Sorry luvs, I got mine at Target, but I have seen them at Walmart a few times too. Have you tried any of the regular grocery stores?

I attached a link for a free tutorial below and there are some free graphics on there for them too.

Here is a link that might be useful: tutorial

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, thanks Anj, that is the site I was looking for. Will try to check for the Jiffy Pop at a couple grocery stores and have Niece try at Target. Wouldn't you know that when I want it, we can't find it! I had found her a neat snowman and an angel graphic to use, and we bought some three colored cord and some ribbon yesterday that should look nice on them. Just need to find some silk leaves/berries and the Jiffy Pop now. She is wanting to make 18 or 20 for Christmas gifts at church. She loved my gingerbread and scarecrow painted one that I brought to show her, but doesn't really paint so I told her she could just use the graphics on them. She is so excited now. We are hoping to work on them tomorrow afternoon or Monday if we can find the Jiffy Pop. Luvs

• maryanntx
    16 years ago

Our WalMart just recently starting carrying the Jiffy Pop. I plan to do some as gifts this year also.

• Adella Bedella
    16 years ago

We took some camping. I think dh got it at Wal-Mart. I've also found it at Albertsons.

• surfergal
    16 years ago

also some here

http://alenkasprintables.com/jiffypop.shtml

Here is a link that might be useful: printable jiffy graphic

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

Someone said before that more stores carry it near the holidays. I decorated some last year and can't remember if I got it at Wal-Mart or Target

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

Here is a place to order it

Here is a link that might be useful: Jiffy Pop

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gosh, thanks everyone. We found 15 of them at a local grocery store. Only need 10 more, so hopefully they will restock.

Barb, I didn't even know Amazon had a food section. Will keep that in mind if we ever need allot of it again. Thanks.

She printed out a cute snowman graphic, we put tri-colored cord along the edges and bought some plaid Christmas fabric to use for a bow. She cut out red and green tags and printed the words"Just poppin by with a Holiday Hi" on them. I'll try to get a pic taken to post here. They turned out really cute.

Thanks again to all of you for your help. Luvs

• nonacook
    16 years ago

I did those for Christmas in 2005, for family.
    Everyone said they enjoyed reliving the 'old fashioned' way to pop corn! LOL

• anjabee
    16 years ago

I've done some this year too and the kids really think it tastes better than the microwave popcorn, they like to watch them pop up, but they just thought it took way too long. ha Funny how spoiled and impatient kids are with being able to cook things in only seconds in the microwave.
    ~Anj

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

I made some last year for gifts too. Here's a pic of mine and some candy bars that I did too.

Here's the saying I put with them...

My name is Little Popper and
    I'm sure you will agree
    I'm about the cutest snowman
    you will ever see.
    I will make you happy.
    I will make you smile.
    I will even fill your tummies
    For a little while.
    Place me on your stovetop and
    shake me to and fro.
    Oh boy, you'll be surprised
    To find I'm made of more than snow.

• iowagirl2006
    16 years ago

Those look so cute together! I did a bunch of the candy bars too. Those went over big! I used them as small gifts.

I found the candy bars for .99 at the grocery. I used tan kraft paper for a more Prim look - and made the hats and scarfs from fleece. I used Googly eyes, a scrap of felt for the nose and some old buttons down the front - how easy!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cheri, your snowman jiffy pops and the cute saying are great. Love your candy bars too. Luvs

• anjabee
    16 years ago

Cheri~ I love those!! ~Anj

• Cheri_C
    16 years ago

iowagirl, I like the idea of the tan craft paper. I'm gonna give this a try!!!
    Thanks you all for the compliments!!!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All of you were so helpful in my quest for ideas for my niece to do the Jiffy Pops, so thought you might like to see the final result. She just loved them and made a total of 25 of them to use for gifts this year. Here's a link to the pics I posted on the Holiday forum. Thanks again for being such a great,helpful group. ;o) Luvs

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/christmas/msg0812551923846.html

• CraftyMomma
    16 years ago

Starting to make these for xmas gifts and need a bit of help. Would anyone have xmas graphics (other than the site listed above) that are sized to print, ready to put on jiffy pops?? I have tried to resize graphics and am not having much luck because I don't compute!!!!! Thanks

• oddie
    16 years ago

started to think where have I seen the graphic ? but you have it all covered, and what a beautiful job you have done!
    Cheri just had to say love your snowman and the poem sooo cute!

here is another link to add

http://www.mardar.us/wrapperstoppers.htm
    they are at the bottom of the page
    Craftmomma I beleive these are sized to fit if you dont find what you want post and I will see if I can resize for you.
    Happy Crafting
    Oddie

• CraftyMomma
    16 years ago

Thanks for the great link Oddie!!! Just what I was looking for and then some! I will give it a shot printing but wouldn't you know it, my ink needs to be replaced now! ugh

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus