Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pic of table top

Posted by buzzard (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 07 at 20:20

As I promised, here is a picture of my finished table top.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pic of table top

OMG, I'm speechless.....that is absolutely so cool....love the vivid colors and abstract design.....you should be very proud of your work.....maggie

o

WOW!!WOW!!WOW!! That is beautiful!!! Can you tell us how you did it?

o

Thank you.

It was very easy. I painted on the reverse side of the glass. First I taped off the design and painted it black with acrylic paint. I put on a second coat of the black too. Then I used a mixture of air dry glass paint and plain old acrylic craft paint. I didn't worry about brush strokes. I even semi-mixed some colors so they would be "streaky". I put on a thick coat of the colored paint. I let it dry for a day and a half.

And this is the result I got. Very easy. And you don't even have to stay inside the lines when you paint cause the black hides all the "overages".

o

Thanks for the instructions, Buzzard. I am keeping this for future reference. I may have a project I can use it on coming up later (probably much later) and I want to remember how to do it.

o

That is a beautiful table. You did a wonderful job on it. I never would have thought to mix the glass paints and acrylics, it looks great!

o

That is just stunning! And I love that since the top is plain glass you can actually use it/clean it/live with it.

Great job!

My crafty brain is churning - may need to steal your idea :)

o

Have fun with it ladies. This is a poor buzzard's way of getting stained glass!

o

Beautiful job buzzard! love the vivid colors, you can also use a acrylic paint extender mixed with acrylic paint gives the paint a glass paint look, love that you came up with your own way, thats what I call crafting!
I have a smoked glass top on a table I would love to do something with, anyone have any ideas for me would love to hear them.
Happy Crafting
Oddie

o

Beautiful!!!

o

What a clever boid you are, Buzzard! I am in awe of your table and it suits you to a "T". Those colors really pop and it looks just perfect. You should be very proud of yourself!

o

Hi Ms. Buzzy....it's good to see you here and your table top is BEAUtiful!!!!!!!! Pat, pat, pat on the back for being such a smart bird!

o

I LOVE your table top! What a cool idea. My wheels are already turning to see what I can do with your idea!

o

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for sharing the photo and your tricks of the trade!! Beautiful work!!

ginger

o

Amazing!

o

I'm speechless ! It's awesome !!!!!!!

o

Absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job on this project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here