Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Soft Sculpture Pumpkins

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 19:07

Hello....Does anyone have a pattern for soft sculpture pumpkins?
I have found patterns that use 8 segmented pieces sewn together but awhile back I bought one that has only one sewn seam....That's the pattern I would like!
I could eventually figure it out but it would be simpler to know the exact measurements.
Thanks,
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Soft Sculpture Pumpkins

Have you tried doing a search in your web browser line for just that "soft sculpture pumpkins" I'm sure you'll find lots of sites to check out for that pattern.

Sal

o

I make them without using any seams. Just cut a piece of fabric in a large circle then sew around the entire edge with a heavier (rug) thread and draw string it closed with cotton batton inside. Hot glue a cinammon stick in the top and put either a couple of leaves or a bow around the cinammon stick where it meets the pumpkin. Easy!

o

This is not what you are looking for, but I have made a quick no sew version from a roll of toilet paper. I covered the roll with a scrap of batting (but that is optional) and plopped the roll down in the middle of a square of fabric. Bring the raw edges up and tuck into the hole. Cut 2 leaf shapes from fabric and lay across the hole. Twist a brown paper lunch sack tightly (like paper twist) and push down into the hole anchoring the leaves. (You can even add some raffia with the leaves before you push the bag in.) And you are done! These are so quick and are cute in different Fall fabrics and red for an apple. I have one on my desk to start the school year.

Here is a link that might be useful: TP pumpkins & apple

o

I made some like goldilocks but used heavy embroidery thread wrapped around and sewed up through the middle to make the "sections" and small cut off branches for stems.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

2 sizes of patterns here. Just click on small pumpkin or large pumpkin words to get the pattern

Here is a link that might be useful: Pumpkin patterns

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here