Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lampshade repair with decoupage

Posted by concretenprimroses (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 18:12

I bought a lamp for $12 about 15 years ago and it has sat on our upstairs screened sleeping porch year round ever since. This year the shade totally gave out all along the top, combined with some rips and holes. I tacked it back up with double sided tape (which I had handy) and looked through my pretty paper pile.

Photobucket

After some messing around with trying to splice down and over lap unsuccessfully, I cut out individual motifs and pieced them together along the top of the shade, gluing them with mod podge as I went. Any paper glue would work but I had mod podge on hand. Its not perfect, but its kind of cute and usable again.

Photobucket

TFL
Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lampshade repair with decoupage

I think it's fantastic. Great repair job.

http://daydreamsdustbunnies.blogspot.com/

o

That looks really good. You did a nice job. Saved money and a lamp shade.

Marylee

o

Really salvaged a mess & with great look to it! Cutting out around bottom of the motifs was a great idea & the colors used really compliment the wall color & look great with the sofa or bench there. Nice save! Jan

o

Nice save. Thanks for sharing your idea

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here