Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

Button Bracelets

kudzukween
15 years ago

I made these today, very quick and easy project. I saw this somewhere on the net, and had to make some,too. These are for my sisters and I'm making more soon!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)

• craftylady-2006
    15 years ago

Very nice Karen, very nice. Don't you just love it when you can whip something up and wear it the same day!!!

Sal

• shysue
    15 years ago

I love those. You always come up with such neat things.

• pattico_gw
    15 years ago

My daughter just bought one at a craft show...but the buttons dangle from a chain. she loves it.

patti

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks ya'll! Here is one I made yesterday...this one is made with a length of silver plated chain,really inexpensive at Walmart. I twisted wire onto some buttons, and some acrylic beads leftover from beaded ribbon,they look like small prisms! It's not heavy, I like the ones with lots of buttons on them, much like a charm bracelet!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:78635}}

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I made a few more waiting out the hurricane :) My grandson even made one for his mama with white elastic cord threaded over and under the buttons,with a heart shaped button in the center. We tied it off with crimp beads, and it slips on over the hand. He had a great time choosing buttons in solid colors with a few pearly ones here and there. Then he made one for himself with black rattail cord, using a silver metal heavy button tied with knots on each side of the button,and the ends tied in knots,to slip over his hand....he wore it to school and promptly got it taken away by his teacher, LOL! He was bad,took it off and was swinging it, I should have foreseen that,coming from a boy who just turned 5 years old last week.
    I made 2 with white and pearly buttons, no beads, and I made 1 with pearly pastel shank buttons,no beads.

• Cheri_C
    15 years ago

OMGosh kudzukween, I love them all!!! Awesome job. I've never tried jewerly making before. But, you sure have inspired me on these. I have the buttons!!! Hmmmmmmm, Hubby can I have another hobby????????

• missjane
    15 years ago

These are beautiful...I have a huge jar of vintage and antique buttons, and I am going to try my hand at making one. Wonderful idea, thanks!

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks ya'll! These are so easy. You can buy something like 5 feet of silver plated chain at Walmart for $2.97, and some matching bead pins, I think 72 pieces in a package, about $2.97, and that will make a lot of bracelets. You'll also need some toggles or claw clasps, something to close the bracelet. And maybe jump rings. Everything is about $3 a package, or buy a kit, which is $10 or so. You'll need some small pliers, I use 2 pair of pliers. I use the silvery bead pins with the eye on the one end, and I thread it through the button, then wrap it through the middle, and hook it on the chain with the eye. I just like the way it looks, you can do it any way you want to. There's so many pretty designs out there.
    You could make a lot of Christmas presents out of those supplies,lol. You can make jewelry,too :)

• donna37
    15 years ago

Those are wonderful, I have lots of buttons plus probably all the other stuff to make some. Am always picking up stuff like that on clearance intending to do something...someday, now's the time. Those would make great gifts for some grand daughters. Thanks for the idea and the pics.