Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Santa

Posted by donnas (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 26, 09 at 13:41

Made him a few years ago using a block of wood for the base (actually for his butt, so he can sit LOL)

My Santa Claus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Santa

He's adorable. He would be cute as an elf too. I've made the bunny block dolls years ago.

o

He is really cute. I love the beard. I am in the process of making one of my Santas now. I am not the best sewer but I paint well so I usually paint in the eyes and I use my own blush for the cheeks and a bit on his wooden nose. Will post later this week.

o

I can sew but one thing I can't do is paint, except a wall LOL. I even bought a book on sale at Michaels for $2.69. It is Learn to Paint with Priscilla (Hauser). I haven't tried any of it yet. There are so many types of brushes and techniques (shade, dot, float, if that is what they mean by techniques) that I may as well get out my cookbook and learn all of their terms in cooking LOL. I guess some things you learn at an early age. Mine was sewing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here