Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jayokie

Need ideas to recycle plastic bottles

jayokie
16 years ago

I have several bottles that held Benefiber.(sturdy plastic & I can't stand to throw them out) They are in a general shape of a person - "waist" would be high, & "head" section not perfectly balanced, of course. The first thing I came up with is to use a wooden ball for a head & cover w/ fabric, etc to make angels.

They would also make banks by gluing (?) the lids on the bottles. There is a 'pour' opening that would let coins or folded bills be added. It might be interesting to empty with a smaller opening :-) How could these be decorated so help camo the fact that it's made from a recycled item? Someone 'knowing' it & the item 'shouting' it is two different things, IMO.

I also have (again, can't stand to throw them out) Kraft mayo 'jars'...the ones that are an elongated oval, with a large mouth (easier to remove product). I'm using some to hold koolaid packets, bobbins for the sewing machine, etc. If I use one to make a small beginning sewing kit for a teen, how do I, again, camo so it doesn't SHOUT that it was a mayo jar in a former life?

Any other ideas? Thanks!

JayOkie

Anything else?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County