Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Could I Get Some Crafty Poem Help??

Posted by Sandy_in_IA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 18, 05 at 11:51

I am making another towel cake for a wedding shower. I was thinking today, that it would be fun to have some poem type tag on there. Something I could use as the card, too. It would be nice to have something that says that you need to go to the bottom of the gift bag to lift the cake out.

Here is what the 'cake' looks like. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Could I Get Some Crafty Poem Help??

Great idea for giving towels!

What if you put a pretty gift bag over the cake... rather than putting the cake into a bag? That way the bride-to-be would simply lift the bag off. Just add a huge loopy bow with streamers, and a gift tag. If you're selective about the design, nobody will notice that the bag is upside down.

o

Sandy, that is really cute. Are those hat pin or corsage pens holding the towels together? I make diaper cakes out of disposable diapers for baby showers but I haven't tried the towel cakes. I'm sorry I don't have a poem but I just had to let you know how cute this was.

o

Gluecille, they are corsage pins. I buy them at Wal-Mart in a box of 144....I use almost all of them in one cake! I like the looks of them as the decoration, and it keeps things together better.

o

I thought that is what they were. I have some of those left over from my daughters wedding. That is a really neat idea using them to hold it together. It looks like you have sewn beads on it. I am definitely going to have to remember this for my next wedding shower I attend.

o

Have you tried the Voy forums? There are some very creative poets there. They have helped me out lots of times. The address is http://www.voy.com/100606/
I'm sure you'll find your poem there. If not just ask.

o

Hello Sandy_in_IA and the rest of you out there.

Although the posts in this forum turn out to be incredibly old, I'd like to provide you all with some advice on how to make beautiful diaper cakes.

All done in the hope, that someone sees those advice.

/
Yours truly,
le_Chef

Here is a link that might be useful: Diaper Cakes.tk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here