Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quiet Book Question

Posted by ME1366 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 11:44

I'm new to the forum but am having trouble thinking through an issue. I want to do a David/Goliath page. I would like Goliath to fall. I envision drilling a hole through a bean and attaching it to fishing line. The fishing line would also be attached to Goliath's head. The problem is having him fall so his feet aren't sticking up in the air. Any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quiet Book Question

When I taught preschool kids Bible class I just made a felt rock with couple of lines on it & couple of layers glued together & made a slingshot out of Y of a small tree branch & put the "rock" in the rubberband I had attached & pretended to hit Goliath in head & I knocked him down. I did not let kids play with rubberband slingshot! I had both figures of David & Goliath & background of outdoor mountain & valley area. All my figures were felt, they used to have them & you cut them out & assembled them plus I add what I needed to get the story so they could understand it. If story was about Peter by the sea & there was "no sea" I made a felt sea so I could tell more stories using some of same pages for different stories by changing part of background & different figures. Sounds like your Goliath is a doll. Hope this helps!

o
RE: Quiet Book Question

I know this is old not sure if you found your answer but what about using a brass fastener to attach his feet then he would rotate on it and lay down

Here is a link that might be useful: brass fastener

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here