Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recycling blinds

Posted by lindylooo (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 11 at 9:37

Hi, does anyone have any great ideas with what to make with 2' wide white composite/faux wood blinds. I have alot left over after shortening my new blinds. Was wondering what cool uses there would be for it.Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recycling blinds

If you have 5 and they are fairly long, you can make a star. Depending on how you then paint it could be rustic or fancy. Use as a wreath, 4th of July decor, or Christmas decor. 5 of any stick makes a star. I've been wanting to make some myself. The link below is with popsicicle sticks, but I've seen them made with yardsticks, tree branches etc. that were very cool! I imagine blinds could work the same way. and you can make more points by using more sticks of course.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: 5 pointed popsicle stick star.

o
Also...

You could make signs with them. They are probably not very weather proof tho. I saw a pic of a sign in the garden that was like a crossroads sign with many on one post with directions to different places on the property, some made up, on it.
Then for indoors there's always inspirational sayings, Scarey halloween sayings, children's names for their doors etc... If you can paint, just something pretty.
Have fun!!

Kathy

o
RE: Recycling blinds

They make great plant labels! I grab all the little plastic horizonal blinds I can find at garage sales and cut them up. I'm sure a manic gardener like myself would love them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here