Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scrabble Tile Jewelry

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 08 at 9:02

posted these on trash to treasure...bought the Scrabble game at a yard sale for a dollar and decided to try these for myself. Very easy project and looks great as jewelry :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Scrabble Tile Jewelry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scrabble Tile Jewelry

OK - now you have my attention... What is on the front of the tiles and how did you drill that hole thru the tile? Nice job and great find!

o

Those turned out lovely. Of course you are already an experienced jewelry maker so that helped to make them turn out so professional looking. Great way to recycle too. Luvs

o

Thank you Bonnie and Luvs :) I used rice paper and some other decorative paper I already had for my collages. I used 3M glue to glue the paper down, then trimmed it close. I used my smallest drill bit to make holes. I already had all the findings( bails,jump rings,beads). I read on some sites to use Diamond Glaze...I have no clue what that is, I haven't looked for it yet, so I used clear nail polish! The ones I made last week seem to be holding up, my sister has been wearing hers.

o

Good job!! Diamond glaze is a sealer/liquid laminate I have only been able to buy it online no one in my neck of woods carries it...several companies make similar products Inkentials makes Glossy Accents, Aleene's Paper Glaze works too.

ginger

I love to use these bails just glue them on...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bails

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here